Bachelor in Computer Games Programming
The BSc (Hons) in Computer Games Programming:
- is an industry-led study programme, that focuses on the software engineering aspect of the Computer Games industry;
- provides a broad and fundamental knowledge of computing technologies;
- educates students in game programming, development and technology, with a special emphasis on the technical aspects of game production with an emphasis on skill-based training;
- equips students with the skills (especially programming) and knowledge necessary to pursue a successful career in industries specializing in the creation and distribution of leisure and entertainment computing technologies;
- uses games programming methods and techniques as a vehicle for introducing the theoretical, intellectual, creative and dynamic aspects of games computing
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Logical Analysis and Problem Solving
- Foundation Mathematics
- Foundation Project
- Computers in Society
- Academic Skills and PDP (Personal/Professional Development Plan)
- Games Mathematics
- Introduction to Games Programming
- Object Orientated Games Programming
- Mechanics and Metrics
- Introduction to Level Design 2
- Games Hardware Architecture and Peripherals
- Data Structures for Games
- Software Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Portfolio Project
- Employability and Enterprise
- Research Methods
- Advanced Games Techniques
- Advanced Game Engine Architecture
- Advanced Game Implementation
- Major Project
This is a 4-year programme for candidates with a good mark in your High School Certificate and a good standard of English (IELTS 6.0 or a recognised equivalent).
The Computer Games Software Development (CGSD) course is for students who are interested in working in the exciting and stimulating games industry. The course is aimed at students have an interest in the more technical aspects of game development. Most of your time will be spent programming using industry standard software.
By the end of this programme, you will have a portfolio of games that you have created. The Advance Games Technology module gives you the opportunity to work for year on a major game implementation. You will be well prepared for working in the games industry, but your programming skills will serve you well in any area of computing. In fact, transferable skills are one of the most important assets that you will bring to the market and as such, a graduate of the study programme can also be employed in the business software industry, in academia and research (Serious Games - Simulation), in the automotive industry and the mobile phone (smartphone) industry as well.
As the software requirements for a variety of electronic products increases, a graduate of the programme can also be employed to the e-sports industry, either directly as a programmer for the computer game itself or as a meta-product programmer or infrastructure programmer and developer.
Graduates of the BSc (Hons) Computer Games Programming will also know no bounds in terms of professional localization as they have a global professional scope and they are well versed in Computer Games Programming and Software Engineering disciplines.