BS Concentration Business Communications (SUNY-ESC)
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of communications analysis, communications decisions, public relations, advertising, business ethics and consumer and organizational behaviour.
- Have a foundation in science and liberal studies as delivered through the General Education program.
- Demonstrate knowledge in business fundamentals including understanding of management science, economics, accounting, computing and information systems, organizational behaviour, business law and ethics;
- Communicate in a range of spoken business situations in a cross cultural context;
- Pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the field of business communciations.
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- analytical and critical-thinking skills necessary to make sound business and personal decisions;
- numeric and quantitative skills including data analysis, interpretation and extrapolation;
- effective use of communication and information technology for business applications
- effective self-management in terms of time, planning and behavior, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise;
- self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business.
Most bachelor's degree programs are designed to require 4 academic years of full-time study.
The program in Business Communications prepares students for careers in advertising, media, public relations, as well as in teaching. NYC graduates from this program have found employment in advertising agencies and in the press media.