BSc (Hons) in Computer Networking (University of Greenwich) - not running a new Cohort in 2018/19
Industry requires graduates with strong skills in the use of a number of software and hardware applications that are useful to the computer networking sector of industry. This programme has been specifically designed to be targeted at providing a cohort of students with a strong background in the use of these applications. In addition to the curricular offerings, students will also be able to gain industry qualifications in networking, namely Cisco's Certified Network Associate (CCNA). The programme examines a range of underpinning technologies involved in networking and specifically examines and employs the technologies involved in network configuration, performance management and their security. Additionally there are core courses in management and professional practice.
- Introduction to Computer Networking
- Programming Technologies
- Computer and Communications Engineering Applications
- Computer Modelling and Applied Mathematics
- Routing Management and Remote Access
- Enterprise Network Systems
- Systems Programming Technologies
- Software Engineering and Project Management
- Database Applications
- Construction and Materials Technology 2
- Individual Project
- Management and Communications
- Advanced Switching and Network Troubleshooting
The Bsc (Hons) in Computer Networking, is a 3-year full-time course, taught exclusively in the English language. Courses are offered within a two term period, with two exam periods in May and August. All courses are delivered during the weekday evenings to accommodate the needs of working students.
On completion of the programme the successful graduate will enjoy a wide variety of job opportunities such as Networking engineer/designer/analyst working in the fields of IP telephony, security or switching and routing.