BA Concentration Communication: Mass Media Production (SUNY-ESC)
The field of media film and TV communications encompasses a host of diverse and expanding industries that offer a growing range of employment opportunities both nationally and globally.
Graduates with a degree in Communication with a concentration in media, film and TV will receive training and develop skills and knowledge required for entry into areas such as print, film, television, online media, and media relations.
Upon successful completion of this program students will be able to:
- Show basic understanding of subject matter related to communications, mass media, film production, and TV projects;
- Apply the subject matter critically and analytically in real situations;
- Comprehend the political, social, legal, regulatory, environmental and technological impacts on media;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the European and American environment of the media industry;
- Have a foundation in science and liberal studies as delivered through the General Education program;
- Integrate the knowledge acquired in the program to analyze media, film and TV;
- Develop practical skills for a film project; and
- Pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the field of media, film and TV.
All students must complete the SUNY general education requirements.
Empire State College Concentration Courses - 32 credits
Choose 3 of the following courses:
TOTAL 120 CREDITS
Most bachelor's degree programs are designed to require 4 academic years of full-time study.
The program in Mass Media Communication prepares students for careers in film, television, media, broadcasting, and teaching. Graduates from this program have found employment in TV, film, online media, and media relations.