BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Management (University of Bolton)
The University of Bolton BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Management:
incorporates both subject-specific and generic business modules, and reflects international hospitality industry practices;
is a vocationally-orientated course and provides an international focus to the study of hospitality management;
places emphasis on a critical analysis of international hospitality as an activity. Two central themes of marketing and hospitality operations management are developed at each level throughout the course;
provides the knowledge and skills to successfully gain employment in this exciting and demanding profession;
includes a period of work experience.
- Personal and Professional Development
- Introduction to Business Processes
- Business Planning and Development
- Context and Regulatory Framework of Business
- Managing the Performance of Individuals
- Marketing for the Hospitality Service Sector
- International Gastronomy
- Work Experience
- Research Methods for Tourism and Hospitality
- Global Tourism and Hospitality Management
- International Hospitality Industry Perspectives
- Strategic Marketing Management for Tourism and Hospitality
- Special Event Management
- Sustainable Tourism Management
- International Human Resource Management for Tourism and Hospitality
- Project OR Investigative Study
This is a 3-year programme for candidates with a good mark in your High School Certificate and a good standard of English (IELTS 6.0 or a recognized equivalent).
The hospitality industry is a major employer worldwide. Opportunities are diverse and range from hotel management to marketing, event and conference management and small business enterprises in the restaurant sector, for example. The number of opportunities is growing and employers are looking for graduates with real-life vocational experience, underpinned by learning, which is where University of Bolton graduates have the ‘edge’.
In recent years graduates have gone on to a range of roles in the wider hospitality and tourism industry both in the UK and abroad, including the international hotel sector. Graduates have also gone into teaching in further and higher education, and further studies including masters degrees and PhD research.
The University of Bolton and New York College have an excellent careers service which supports all students and alumni. You can also find out more about postgraduate and continuing professional development courses at the University or at New York College, specifically designed for students who want to combine work with studies. (http://courses.bolton.ac.uk/Details/Index/2078)