Bachelor in Business Communications
With the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) program of the American STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK / Empire State University, with a major in Business Communication and with studies carried out entirely at New York College in Greece, students will be able to:
- Understand the scope and dynamics of Communication, Media, Public Relations, Advertising, and Marketing, as well as legal and ethical issues related to business operation and development.
- Have a basic knowledge of the political, social, legal, regulatory, environmental and technological implications for businesses and organizations, as well as in the pursuit of government policy.
- Apply their knowledge analytically and critically to real-life situations, such as the preparation of a communication analysis and the development of a communication strategy, in order to analyze the internal and external relations of the company, to identify its strengths and weaknesses, to realistically assess the relevant business risks and what changes are needed in its communication strategy.
Most bachelor's degree programs are designed to require 4 academic years of full-time study.
As a field of study, communications is applied to journalism, business, public relations, marketing, news broadcasting, intercultural communications, education, public administration—and beyond.
- Communication careers allow you to see the world from fresh perspectives and present the world to an audience.
- Print journalists and online journalists, social media specialists, public relations specialists, communication campaigns, advertisers, copywriters, marketing specialists
- Communication careers are available in any business sector like media, PR/Advertising agencies, business organizations, multinational companies, technology industry, pharmaceutical industries, shipping companies, food & beverage, telecommunications, etc.
At New York College: With the BS Concentration in Communications for Business you are accepted by most MBA and MA programs offered at New York College. Most students choose to combine work with further study by choosing one of the master-level programs offered at New York College.
At Institutions Abroad: The entry qualifications for graduate studies differ from university to university; however the SUNY/Empire State University degree is accepted by most universities globally. Popular universities usually require in addition to the degree a GPA higher than 3.0. If you are interested for study abroad opportunities, contact your advisor early on your studies with us, and through our Student Affairs Department come in contact with our alumni who continued their studies abroad.