Bachelor in Marketing
Upon successful completion of this program students will be able to:
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of marketing management, consumer behaviour, sales management, marketing research, service marketing, business ethics and international marketing
- Demonstrate knowledge in business fundamentals including understanding of management science, economics, accounting, computing and information systems, organizational behaviour, business law and ethics
- Have a foundation in science and liberal studies as delivered through the General Education program
- Interpret, analyze, apply and implement knowledge to solve practical marketing problems across different types of businesses and industry, in a local and international environment
- Understand the socio-economic forces affecting marketing as well as the strategic and administrative aspects of marketing
- Pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the field of marketing
As a result of completing this program, students should have acquired the following skills and values:
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills necessary to make sound business and personal decisions
- numeric and quantitative skills including data analysis, interpretation and extrapolation
- effective use of communication and information technology for business applications
- effective self-management in terms of time, planning and behavior, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise
- self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business
At New York College: With the BS Concentration in Marketing you are accepted by most MBA and MA or/and MSc programs offered at New York College. Most students choose to combine work with further study by choosing one of our MBA programs.
At Institutions Abroad: The entry qualifications for graduate studies differ from university to university; however the SUNY/Empire State College degree is accepted by most universities in the U.S. and all in the U.K. Popular universities usually require in addition to the degree a GPA higher than 3.0. If you are interested for study abroad opportunities, contact your advisor early on in your studies with us, and through our Student Affairs Department come in contact with our alumni who continued their studies abroad.
Most bachelor's degree programs are designed to require 4 academic years of full-time study.
Marketing graduates are typically involved in aspects of marketing, including: planning, advertising, promotion, public/media relations, product development, distribution, sponsorship, and research. The role is often challenging, varied and exciting. As many organizations have marketing departments, marketing executives can be found in both the private and public sectors: from the banking, retailing and media industries to voluntary and not-for-profit organizations. (www.prospects.ac.uk)
Our Marketing graduates have found jobs in advertising, sales, and product development mainly in the service sector. A most common starting point is in the Department of Sales, and demand in the local market for Sales has been extremely high and is expected to continue to be high due to trend of our economy in transforming itself to a service economy.