Bachelor in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
This is a fully accredited career-oriented programme that will enable you to gain a broad foundation in all key areas of biological science and nutrition while developing a wide range of scientific skills to prepare you for employment or further study in nutrition science. The programme has a strong emphasis on hands-on practical work, and one quarter of the assessment in the first two years is practical based.All students have practicum of 29 weeks in recognized hospitals. In addition, there is a double project in the final year.This programme is validated by the University of Greenwich.
- Fundamentals of Biochemistry
- Fundamental Biology and Physiology
- Basic Chemistry for Life Sciences
- Basic Principles of Nutrition
- Practical and Professional Skills
- Placement 1
- Physiological Systems and Regulation
- Metabolism and Disease
- Human Nutrition 2
- Nutritional Epidemiology & Health Promotion
- Research and Professional Skills
- Diet Therapy
- Placement 2
- Advanced Diet Therapy
- The Psychology and Clinical Aspects of Eating Food
- Public Health Nutrition
- Placement 3
The BSc in Nutrition & Dietetics is a 3-year full-time programme, taught exclusively in the English language. Courses are offered within a two-term period, with two exam periods in May and August.
On completion of the programme the successful graduate will enjoy a wide variety of opportunities in public health, nutrition, health education and promotion. Job opportunities are also available in hospitals, private nutrition research institutes, teaching, food and health journalism, consumer groups, food retailers or the food industry.