Bachelor in International Business
Upon successful completion of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of management of international business, international finance, international marketing and international relations.
- Demonstrate knowledge in business fundamentals including understanding of management science, economics, accounting, computing and information systems, organizational behaviour, business law and ethics;
- Have a foundation in science and liberal studies as delivered through the General Education program.
- Explain the effect of international business environmental factors (legal, economic and cultural) on the conduct of global business.
- Understand the political, regulatory and environmental context in which the global practice of business is conducted
- Explain the principles and theories of ethical decision-making and their practical implications in the everyday conduct of business.
- Pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the field of management.
As a result of completing this program, students should have acquired the following skills and values:
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills necessary to make sound business and personal decisions;
- numeric and quantitative skills including data analysis, interpretation and extrapolation;
- effective use of communication and information technology for business applications
- effective self-management in terms of time, planning and behavior, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise;
- self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business.
At New York College: With the BS Concentration in International Business you are accepted by most MBA and MA programs offered at New York College. Most students choose to combine work with further study by choosing one of the master-level programs offered at New York College.
At Institutions Abroad: The entry qualifications for graduate studies differ from university to university; however the SUNY/Empire State College degree is accepted by most universities in the U.S. and all in the U.K. Popular universities usually require in addition to the degree a GPA higher than 3.0. If you are interested for study abroad opportunities, contact your advisor early on your studies with us, and through our Student Affairs Department come in contact with our alumni who continued their studies abroad.
Most bachelor's degree programs are designed to require 4 academic years of full-time study.
The International Business major is designed to give students a good grounding in the managerial aspects of conducting business across national borders. It provides students with a chance to study the essential parts of running a business from an international point of view. As a result, a student who graduates with an International Business major can demonstrate to employers in multinational business organisations that they are aware of some of the important parts of their business.
The international business major should lead to employment opportunities in: large businesses that trade or invest outside of Greece, international businesses in Greece which need local employees with an international perspective, domestic businesses with international customers (eg. tourism and trading companies), government bodies and NGOs which have activities internationally.