Bachelor in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
This is a fully accredited career-oriented programme that will enable you to gain a broad foundation in all key areas of biological science and nutrition while developing a wide range of scientific skills to prepare you for employment or further study in nutrition science. The programme has a strong emphasis on hands-on practical work, and one quarter of the assessment in the first two years is practical based.All students have practicum of 29 weeks in recognized hospitals. In addition, there is a double project in the final year.This programme is validated by the University of Greenwich.
- Fundamentals of Biology and Physiology
- Practical and Academic Skills (Chemistry/Biology Laboratories)
- Basic Chemistry for Life Science
- Biochemistry 1
- Biochemistry 2
- Basic Principles of Nutrition
- Placement 4 weeks
- Research and Professional Skills in Life Science
- Diet Therapy
- Physiological Systems and Regulation
- Selected Topics in Food Science
- Nutritional Epidemiology & Health Promotion
- Metabolism and Disease
- Placement 12 weeks
- Advanced Diet Therapy
- Public Health Nutrition
- The Psychology and Social Aspects of Eating and Food
- Placement 14 weeks
The BSc in Nutrition & Dietetics is a 3-year full-time programme, taught exclusively in the English language. The courses are offered over a two-semester period, with two examination periods, in January and May, with a repeat examination in July.
On completion of the programme the successful graduate will enjoy a wide variety of opportunities in public health, nutrition, health education and promotion. Job opportunities are also available in hospitals, private nutrition research institutes, teaching, food and health journalism, consumer groups, food retailers or the food industry.