Student Innovation & Entrepreneurship Competition “Open your mind project: Make your own BUSINESS PLAN and WIN 1.000€”
School of Business Management of New York College with the cooperation of School of Tourism organizes a student competition, offering important benefits & opportunities to participating New York College Students.
The Concept: The competition gives the opportunity to students aged 18-30 to develop their own business plan and helps them utilize their skills in various areas of marketing and communication. Students participate individually and work on the marketing development and image of the Pony and Jigger product, supported by teachers and mentors.
Τimeline: commence date 6/4 - final day of submissions 30/6
Τhe participating students follow step by step all the points required, in order to present at the end of the program a complete business marketing idea.
Topics to be covered during the competition:
- Market Research
- Creation of Promotional Model
- Product development
- Pitch and presentations
- Create an Advertising Plan
- Branding – Go to market
The evaluation of the tasks includes criteria, such as:
- Completeness of idea and strategy
- Understanding the target market
- Competition analysis, marketing and promotion
- Degree of innovation
- Presentation skills
The committee will consist of NYC faculty and Pony and Jigger stakeholders.
There will be complete transparency, and all criteria in writing.
A few words on Pony and Jigger
- The first company in Greece that makes liqueurs for cocktails, new style (new school ) with Mediterranean temperament and flavor.
- A newly founded Greek drinks company by bartenders Yiannis Petro Petris and Vassilis Roussos.
The philosophy of the brand
- Fresh style of drinks
- To fill the gap in new flavors
- To escape from folklore and give a new dimension to Greekness.
- To place in focus sideshows drinks, liqueurs
- To support the bartending and art community
Continuous support and guidance from Mentors, experienced executives of the market and the business world.
- The prize will be €1000 for first place, €400 for the second place and €150 for third place
- The winner will be able to work at the Pony and Jigger company and implement their idea.